Last updated on August 29, 2020
It is Special Micro-Credit Facility Scheme for providing affordable loans to street vendors. This scheme will enable street vendors to resume work and earn livelihoods in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
- The vendors can avail a working capital loan of up to Rs. 10,000, to more than 50 lakh street vendors, who had their business operational on or before 24 March 2020.
- On timely/early repayment of the loan, credit limit will be raised and interest subsidy @7% per annum will be credited through Direct Benefit Transfer on quarterly basis.
- The scheme incentivises digital transactions by the street vendors through monthly cash back upto Rs. 100 per month.
- In 1st phase 108 cities have been selected, and disbursement of loan is planned to commence in July, 2020.
- Scheme is valid till March 2022
- Over 50 lakh people, including vendors, hawkers, thelewalas etc. who supply vegetables, fruits, ready-to-eat street foods etc.
- Also includesnservice providers like barber shops, cobblers, pan shops, laundry services etc.
- Scheme is available for beneficiaries belonging to only those States/UTs which have notified Rules and Scheme under section of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014.
- SIDBI has developed Integrated PM SVANidhi portal to administer the scheme with end-to-end solution.
- Portal/ mobile app will integrate UdyamiMitra portal of SIDBI for credit management and PAiSA portal of MoHUA to administer interest subsidy automatically.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) is an implementation agency.
- SIDBI will manage the credit guarantee to the lending institutions through Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE).
Scheduled Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Small Finance Banks, Cooperative Banks, Non-Banking Finance Companies, Micro Finance Institutions & SHG Banks established in some States/UT etc
[Update July 17 2020]
A mobile Application of PM SVANidhi was virtually launched by Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) from New Delhi, to bring Microcredit facility for street vendors at their door steps.
[Update Aug 28 2020]
Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Housing and Urban Affairs launched the PM SVANidhi online dashboard through video conferencing.